Wednesday, March 28, 2012

workout wednesday!...on thursday

Hey guys! I know I just wrote that last post about writing everyday BUT.... I wrote this entire post last night and then when I hit "publish," it decided to disappear and I was way too frustrated to do it all again right then.

So now that that's out of the way, this is my first of weekly "workout wednesday" posts! I've been trying to get motivated to workout regularly and with summertime coming, I figure that weekly posts will serve as some motivation.

From the time I was 3 until I graduated last year I had always been extremely active (i.e. dancing, playing soccer, cheering, playing softball). Allllll of that changed, however, when I came to college. Not only did it seem that I had no time to go to the gym, I had no motivation either. But 10 pounds later and with summertime quickly approaching, I'm starting to come up with some pretty legitimate reasons to get my workout on.
Here are some of the things that now motivate me:

if those legs aren't motivation to do some major running/leg workouts..i don't know what is.
what i look like... in my dreams
Okay, so how might you wonder do I plan on looking like this? Well I've visited quite a few websites that have given me some great workout ideas.
I found this one website yesterday that explained how effective classic crunches can be if done the right way and after doing them tonight, I am amazed. Since I already typed this whole blog yesterday, but it somehow mysteriously got erased when I hit "publish," of course I can't find the website that I used. Soooo I'm gonna try to sum everything up from memory the best that I can. 

Here are some of the tips and tricks I learned about doing perfect crunches:
1. Lay on your back with your feet and booty flat on the floor. Your knees should be bent at about a 90 degree angle.
2. Put your hands behind your head but DO NOT interlace your fingers. This makes it extremely easy for you to pull your head up instead of use your abs (...guilty). Instead, just put your hands in fists.
3. There is no need to sit all the way up. When your head is about 6 inches off the floor, you have gone far enough.
3. Pick a spot on the ceiling and look at it the whole time. This forces you to use only your abs to pull yourself up and not your head and neck.
4. Instead of trying to do like 100 crunches in 15 seconds, take your time. You should spend about 2 seconds at the top of your crunch, keeping your abs tight and controlled on the way up, at the top, and on the way back down. Also, it is completely unnecessary to do 100 crunches at a time. Trust me, if you do 15-20 crunches like this, you WILL feel it.

I did these crunches tonight for the first time and I definitely felt accomplished after doing them! They truly do give you a good ab workout and I can't wait to do them every night.

Today also makes the third day in a row that I have been running and I'm feeling really good! I've never been one to run for fun but I'm starting to kind of like it. Hopefully I can keep it up!

What are your favorite workouts? Do you know any easy, quick ways to get that flat belly everyone wants? Are there any other workouts you'd like to see me write about? Please share!!

The perfect crunch tips were found at www.loseweight-fast.com. I hope they motivate and inspire you as much as they did me!...now go get crunchin'!

xo,
Jordan











1 comment:

  1. Hi Jordan! I'm stopping by from Mingle Monday. I saw "Workout Wednesday" in your list of posts and was drawn to it because I love workout posts. Can you join a gym?? I love Turbokick, toning/cardio interval classes, and pilates. The only workout I did at all in college was pilates. Also, I totally recommend circuit training classes if you can find them. I played soccer for 13 years and it reminds me of soccer practice but it only lasts an hour :)
    Best of luck with your workouts!

    ReplyDelete

i love to get feedback from you guys so please don't hesitate to comment! thank you, thank you, thank you for reading!