Sunday, March 11, 2012

Faith, Hope and Love

After watching all of the ACC Tournament madness yesterday, I was dead set on writing a post about annoying and ignorant college basketball fans who do nothing but point fingers and blame their team's loss on someone else-whether it be the referees or the opposing team. HOWEVER, this morning's Sunday school lesson at my beloved church led me to something completely different.
Our teacher had each of us write a short summary of how we came to know Jesus and gave us the task of sharing our story with at least one person this week. I immediately thought "what better of a way for me to share than through my blog?" It's nothing too exciting, so don't get your hopes up. But it is what led me to be the person I am today and for that, I am forever thankful.

Unlike many people, I did not grow up in a strong Christian household. Don't get me wrong, my family has many Christian values and both of my parents are Christians, but, aside from a few visits here and there, I did not grow up going to church every Sunday. I would go with a friend if I happened to spend the night on a Saturday night, but I did not have a church to call home. It was not until an amazing person and his amazing family came into my life in the summer of 2008 that I began regularly attending church. I was saved shortly after that and a little over a year ago, in January of 2011, I knew I had the Holy Spirit in my heart and I made the most important decision of my life - to put my faith and my life in the hands of Jesus Christ and follow him forever. I was baptized the following February and I am forever changed. I am not saying I'm perfect, because I know I'm not and never will be, but I admit that I'm a sinner, I am forgiven, and I try my best to live my life through the Lord every day.


Me with that amazing person previously mentioned ;)
Without my wonderful, handsome, sweet, hilarious, amazing boyfriend of almost 4 years, I would not be who I am today. I am so thankful to be lucky enough to have him in my life and I am grateful for the person that he is and the person he has made me to be.

I am also extremely thankful to be able to share my testimony and I hope that at least one person will be touched by reading this. If anyone has any comments or questions, I would love to hear from you! Feel free to comment below or e-mail me at jrgriffin1102@aol.com!


I hope everyone has had a fantastic weekend.. enjoy your week!

xo, 
Jordan

1 comment:

  1. It's awesome that you wrote this out, because you never know who is reading it that the Lord will choose to speak to through YOUR being faithful to Him!

    God definitely has His hands on you to bring your boyfriend into your life. What a blessing. Nothing greater than knowing Him!

    ReplyDelete

i love to get feedback from you guys so please don't hesitate to comment! thank you, thank you, thank you for reading!